The ATH-OX7AMP is a brand new quality over the ear headphone from Audio-Technica. It is an ideal option for those who are passionate about music and listen to their audio for many hours on a regular basis. The headphone is compatible with media devices, music players, smartphones, tablets, laptops and other mobile devices. It comes with large 40 mm (1.5 inch) drivers and offers high fidelity natural and clear sound. The headphone has an adjustable padded headband which can easily conform to the unique shape of the user’s head, thus providing a more stable experience of wearing the headphone. These are pretty top notch.
Audio Technica’s ATH-OX7AMP comes with two cords which are detachable; one is a regular cord while the other comes with a mic and a button to control volume and playlist while playing music on media devices or smartphones. This is a similar tech to their x-series that has just come out as well.
The button can also be used to answer or reject calls. The headphone does not get tangled as it comes with tangle-free, flat cords which also make it easier to store. It comes with a powerful amplifier that has been built to provide higher output than other headphones available in the market. It offers faster response (dynamic), greater detail, better clarity and clearer sound. Be sure to read our best studio headphones article for more info.
Pros and Cons of the ATH-OX7AMP
- Excellent quality sound – the ATH-OX7AMP is equipped with a powerful amplifier that has been built to provide higher output than other headphones. It provides faster response (dynamic), greater detail, better clarity and clearer sound. The headphone also offers high fidelity natural and clear sound with the help of its 40 mm (1.5 inch) drivers
- Lesser power consumption – the headphone consumes lesser power compared to other headphones that offer similar output. Its input power (max) is only 800 mW whereas for other headphones the input power (max) is around 1600 mW.
- Comes with an internal amplifier – You don’t have to purchase an extra headphone amplifier to get that impedance usage up. Save money going this route.
- It is not available in a wide range of colors, like other over the ear headphones from Audio-Technica.
These are are relatively average in terms of audio quality. The 40mm drivers are pretty standard for most headphones; however, the key component of these headphones is the built-in amp. These things can get loud! If you’re into bumping some of your favorite tunes (as I do), this is a great pair in terms of input power.
Overall build and comfort
These are pretty comfortable in terms of not experiencing pain after long hours of use. What usually irritates me is headphones not having padding on the headband, but these have a pretty nice material both on the pads as well as headband. The headband is adjustable at the top for those of us with bigger heads.
Main features of Audio-Technica’s ATH-OX7AMP
- The headphone comes with two cords which are detachable
- It includes a cord which comes with a mic and a button to control volume and playlist while playing music on media devices or smartphones
- ATH-OX7AMP has well cushioned ear pads that make it ideal for extended use
- The headphone offers high fidelity natural and clear sound with the help of its 40 mm or 1.5 inch drivers
- Equipped with an adjustable padded headband that can easily conform to the unique shape of the user’s head
- It is highly durable and has been constructed for daily use
- It will not get tangled as it comes with tangle-free, flat cords which also make it easier to store
- Only available in a single color at the moment
Specifications of the SonicFuel over-ear headphones
- Type – Dynamic Closed-back
- Frequency Response – 9 to 26,000 HZ
- Diameter of Driver – 40 mm or 1.5 inches
- Input Power (Maximum) – 800 mW
- Sensitivity – 99 dB per mW
- Weight – 220 g (without the cords)
- Cord – 1.2 m or 3.9 ft flat, detachable, tangle-free – 1 regular cord and 1 cord (with mic) for controlling volume and track in smartphones
- Impedance – 68 ohms
- Connector – 3.5 mm or 1/8 inches,
- Microphone Type – Condenser
- Accessories – carrying pouch and AAA battery
- Polar Pattern of Microphone – Omni-directional
- Frequency Response of Microphone – 100 to 10,000 Hz
- Microphone Sensitivity: – -40 dB, 1 kHz